I hope you all had a wonderful summer. I escaped to Maine and I’m afraid summer-stock ate up all of my free time, so that (and the lack of any real exciting Broadway news) has keep the blog pretty quiet this summer. But never-fear, I’m back again and vow to maintain a more consistent posting schedule this Broadway season.
We’ve got some gems opening in the next year, lots of movie adaptations, Off-Broadway transfers and a couple infamous big-spenders who’ll soon be making splashes. Here’s the line-up:
- Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson – October 13
- The Scottsboro Boys – October 31
- Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown – November 4
- The Pee-Wee Herman Show – November 11
- Elf – November 14
- Zorba – Fall 2011
- Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark – Dec 21
- How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying – March 27
- The Book of Mormon – March 2011
- Priscilla, Queen of the Desert – March 2011
- Anything Goes – April 7
- Wonderland – April 17
- Phantom: Love Never Dies – April 2011
- Sister Act – April 2011
- Catch Me If You Can – Spring 2011
- Unchain My Heart – Spring 2011
I’ll be tweeting live from Broadway on Broadway, where a couple new shows will be performing for the first time alongside many of the long-running hits.
There’s a lot of star power behind a lot of these shows, but unlike last season, it appears (for the most part) to be homegrown Broadway talent, rather than Hollywood ringers – exciting news for those who got up-in-arms around Tony Award time last year.
What are you most excited about in this upcoming season?
I’ll be back next week with an update about cast changes and announcements.
5 thoughts on “An Exciting New Season Begins!”
Cool website, I had not noticed broadwaymusicalblog.com before during my searches!
Continue the fantastic work!
Hello. Great job. I did not expect this on a Wednesday. This is a great story. Thanks!
I’ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.
I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.
Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep
up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a
nice blog like this one these days.