Mamma Mia, the 13th longest running show in Broadway history, celebrated 8 years on Broadway yesterday, Oct 18!
The musical currently stars Beth Leavel, John Dossett, Judy McLane, Allison Briner, Halle Morse, Michael Mindlin, Patrick Boll, Alyse Alan Louis, David Andrew Macdonald and Eric William Morris.
Bye Bye Birdie, which opened on Oct 15, was panned by reviewers in almost every media publication:
- They Can’t Sing (Don’t Ask Them)
- A flightless “Birdie”
- Critics wish ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ was more than just a title
- ‘Bye Bye Birdie’: No reason to put on a happy face
- “Bye Bye Birdie” returns to Broadway with a thud
- ‘Bird’-brained revival flops
The consensus – the bulk of the cast can’t sing, dance or act. Ouch!
The New York Post reported that the stage manager for Broadway’s South Pacific, Michael Brunner, has been arraigned for recording video of one of the actresses in her dressing room. Lincoln Center Theater has terminated his contract due to the incident.